Man arrested for using free internet outside of Cafe.
Will wearing masks in NYC be the next "no-no"?
Read on: HERE
General precautions when in a public cafe:
What are some good practices in a cafe?
Here are some good tips:
- Don't leave the computer unattended with your information on the screen. Logout of all programs.
- Logout of any websites you have visited by clicking on 'Logout' versus closing the browser window.
- When you are finished, delete your temporary Internet files and your history.
In Internet Explorer, go to Tools, Internet Options, then click on the General tab. Under Temporary Internet files, click Delete Files and then Delete Cookies. Under History, click Clear History.
- Also, empty the Recycle or Rubbish Bin.
- As an added precaution go to
the Content tab and click on Autocomplete in the Personal Information area. Ensure that all the options are un-ticked and choose Clear Forms and Clear Passwords.
- Keep an eye out for shoulder surfers or people using video enabled mobile phones.
- Download a free (reputable) anti-spyware software and ensure it is updated, before scanning the computer to ensure there are no bits of malicious software or traps for the unwary.