I did two sketches for this assignment, beginning with sketch #2. I liked the concept but felt this sketch was too cluttered and confined by the box. I wanted to do a variation for insurance, something with a more minimal treatment that had no frame around it.
Guillermo liked the more minimal sketch, but asked if I could add something to give the image a little more weight on the page. His suggestion was right on the money. I added a shadow, and experimented with different background treatments. With the clock ticking I ended up with three versions of final art. I think he chose the best version. Thanks, Guillermo.